Your privacy is critically important to us. At Automattic, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- Our website
Our other Automattic products, services, and features that are available on or through our website (for example, the Pay with PayPal block)
Other users’ websites that use our Services, while you are logged in to your account with us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information You Provide to Us:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you like your address and other information you want to share.
- Payment and contact information: If you buy something from us we’ll collect information to process those payments and contact you.
- If you pay via the Payments feature or the Pay with PayPal block, you’ll provide additional personal and payment information like your name, credit card information, and contact information. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made. You may also provide us with financial details to set up a payments integration, like the email address for your PayPal account .
- Content information: You might provide us with information about you in draft and published content (a blog post or comment that includes biographic information about you, or any media or files you upload).
- Communications with us: You may also provide us with information when you via form, email, comment, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications.
HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
PURPOSES FOR USING INFORMATION
To provide our Services: provide customer service, process payments and orders.
To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our products.
If you don’t want to hear from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time.
LEGAL BASES FOR COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws,
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy.
Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to you. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions.
INFORMATION SHARED PUBLICLY
Information that you choose to make public is — you guessed it — disclosed publicly.
That means information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on our website, and your “Likes” and comments on other websites are all available to others — and we hope they get a lot of views!
Your Gravatar and public profile information may also display with your comments, “Likes,” and other interactions on websites that use our Gravatar service, if the email address associated with your account is the same email address you use on the other website.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it. and we’re not legally required to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work to protect information about you against unauthorized access or use.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide:
Set your browser to reject cookies.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
EUROPEAN GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
HOW TO REACH US
Thanks for reading.